Seems as if it is going to be a bumpy ride, sadly.
Most of my ideas on the new leader of Pittsburgh Public Schools have been posted on the Facebook walls of mine and others.
Never had the pleasure of knowing or meeting this couple who also named their first son, Mark.
Happy 50th from Pittsburgh, PA!
Three proposals went to answer the call from the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership’s BetaBurgh RFP.
One of the plans, called, Rauterkus.com, aims to begin the process of conducting a feasibility study in 2016 for the building of one or more floating swim pools on one or more barges. It might be possible to get the project to a crowd-source stage (i.e., Kickstarter or Indiegogo).
Two other plans are in the works too:
- Swim.CLOH.org is for open water swimming.
- 4RS.org is for building two in-river lagoons for holding water games, both SKWIM and Water Polo with floating goals and simple lane line dividers for the game areas.
All three will have the BGC (Bloomfield-Garfield.org) as the financial 501(c)(3) for the grant period.
Surf around this directory to see the text, budgets and art for the proposals: http://swim.cloh.org/betaburgh/
- Open water swimming, Swim.CLOH.org http://swim.cloh.org/betaburgh/Swim_CLOH_org_text.html
- River lagoons, 4RS.org http://swim.cloh.org/betaburgh/4RS_org_text.html
- Floating pools feasibility, Rauterkus.com http://swim.cloh.org/betaburgh/Rauterkus_com_text.html
Yes. We seem to be able to get the technology for Summer Dreamers as a result of the efforts with the Digital Badges and the Sprout Fund.
I need to clear up two questions, it seems. That’s okay as I asked to meet with them a couple of weeks ago anyway.
Go check out the other site, http://CLOH.org.
The photo above was from the practice at the Thelma Lovette YMCA on Friday night.